A Few Charms (Banner)

A Few Charms (Banner)

Tuesday 30 December 2014

On the sixth day of Christmas... Santa's elves

On the sixth day of Christmas Pandora gave to me... Santa's elves and toys... the tree of lights... Santa's stocking charm... a pair of silver bells... a polar bear charm... and a clear cz pavé lights charm.

The Santa's elves charm beside the clasp.
I love children's books, especially those with great illustrations! So it's probably not surprising that we have a huge collection of children's Christmas books. I've given my children a new one every year for the last 13 years.


The Jan Brett books are some of the favourites in our collection, but there are also a number of books that share the biblical story, and we even have a few different versions of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. These are always read on Christmas Eve, after the stockings are hung and a treat left out for Santa and his reindeers.

One of the most requested books at bedtime reading was "How Santa Really Works." It's a very silly book showing what goes on behind the scenes in the North Pole. Elves have jobs in departments including communication, research and development (of new toys), reindeer care, distribution, etc. One very important job is surveillance and elves are everywhere, including on your Christmas tree.


Every year I look forward to reading these books to my kids! However, I must admit, I did put my foot down and refuse to read them until the beginning of December. I regret that, and wished I'd read them at any time of year, especially now that my twins are teenagers and their interest has waned. But seeing this "Santa's elves" openwork on my bracelet is sure to make me smile, remembering the joy of cuddling with my children on a cold winter's night and reading the traditional - and not so traditional - Christmas stories. This was a gift from my husband this Christmas and I'm sure it will help me beat the winter blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment